An AWESOME food blog, inspired by "Julie & Julia."

52 weeks, 52 countries
I'm cooking across the world because I can't afford to travel it! Every week, I will randomly select a country, do a little research, do a little cooking, and do a lot of eating. So read, laugh, travel, eat, and enjoy!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Week 1: Done!

K, so I made this meal last Wednesday and it is now Sunday evening and I am only now writing because this week was "Elsa is lazy and doesn't want to write anything because she is about to start school and will have to write a million things then," week.

Anyway, the meal was FANTASTIC! I adore Indonesia! So super tasty! And I am not the only one that thought so; my taste testers Justin, Spencer, Cody, Lucy, and Britney all agreed!

For the main course, I made Ajam Djahe Mannga, which is basically spicy ginger mango chicken, with sticky rice. It was served with a chile, tomato, ginger sauce that was like a volcano in your mouth, but a good volcano. Yum yum.

For dessert, I made Kue Kering. I know that sounds wildly exotic and awesome, but it was really just a nutmeg butter cookie. If you read my last post, you know that Indonesia was colonized by the Dutch and is the home of nutmeg. Hence, the tasty butter cookies. They crumble in your mouth "like chalk. . . in a good way," to quote Justin.

My first week was a delicious adventure! I would suggest that every one tries these recipes! I'm off to another country next week; can't wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment